The model 890e is the latest member of the 890 family of versatile fuel cell test loads. These computer-controlled instruments consist of a multi-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions in a compact rack-mount or bench-top unit. Add the 880 Frequency response analyser (FRA) option for integrated High Frequency Resistance (HFR) and full range Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) measurement.
Featuring Multiple Current Ranges in 5/25/50A, 10/50/100A, 12/62/125A or 25/125/250A Configurations (at 125W or 500W)
The 890e is the latest member of the 890 family of versatile fuel cell test loads. The 890e is a computer controlled instrument with a multi-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions in a compact rack mount or bench top unit. The 890e series loads are targeted at small to medium size (up to 250A, 500W) single cell or low-power stack for laboratory research. The 890e’s multiple current range capability enhances its versatility and performance over a wide range of test applications and test environments.
New Model Available: 890e 50/250/500A 1,000W
The 890e sets the new benchmark, in value and performance, for fuel cell test loads. The 890e is fully compatible with our FuelCell (Windows 2000/XP) software package creating a powerful tool for conducting your experiments.
- Remote operation from IEEE-488 (GPIB) interface configured from front panel
- Multifunction front panel text display with function select button
- Electronic load with three current ranges for high measurement accuracy over a wide dynamic range
- Constant current, voltage, or power control mode
- Built-in current interrupt cell resistance measurement
- Whole-cell sense voltage input, plus two additional high-impedance reference electrode inputs
- Optional internal FRA with real-time high frequency resistance (HFR) capability
- Connections for Solartron FRA (for models without internal FRA)
- Impedance measurement using whole-cell or either reference electrode input
- Automatic shutdown in hardware for over-current, under-voltage, over-power, load temperature, and cell temperature alarm conditions
- Connector for optional interface box or direct gas management unit
- Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of non-isolated cell
- Internal controllers for anode and cathode humidifier and cell temperatures
- Analog input/output ports for two main mass flow controllers (or DMFC pump) and up to five additional (reformate) mass flow controllers
- Low voltage output signal to control purge gas valves
- Contact inputs for three pressure sensors or alarms
- Low voltage output signal to indicate alarm condition
- RS485 digital interface for external temperature controllers
- Optional interface box for non-integrated fuel system designs